Welcome to Ravenswood Surgery.
Ravenswood Surgery is committed to providing high quality GP services in a well organised, modern and friendly environment.
The Practice values:
- Patients medical conditions will be managed according to the highest standard as defined by the profession.
- Patients will be treated with courtesy and consideration by all our staff.
- Patients will receive appropriate information about their condition and treatment.
- The practice will endeavour to educate patients on health care matters whenever possible.
- Partners, nurses and staff will be encouraged to pursue appropriate further training.
Our Patients values:
- NHS treatment should be readily available locally when this is feasible.
- Written protocols for the management of common chronic conditions will be followed when appropriate.
- Patients will be provided with information regarding the services available within the practice internet site.
- Patients with problems which are considered urgent will be seen the same day.
- Patients will be encouraged to see their own doctor whenever possible.
- Patients will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, disability or medical condition.
- Patients should attend their appointments at the arranged time. If this is not possible they should inform the surgery as soon as possible.
- We expect that patients will understand that appointments are made for one person only. Additional appointments should be made for more than one person.
- Patients are responsible for their own health, and the health of their children, and should co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep themselves healthy. We give you professional help and advice – please act on it!
- Help and advice for non-urgent matters should be made during surgery hours only.
- Home visits should only be requested for patients who are seriously ill or housebound. It is important to bear in mind that most medical problems are dealt with more effectively in the clinical setting of a well-equipped surgery or hospital.
- Patients should realise that home visits are made at the doctors discretion.
- Requests for visits and advice at night should only be made for true emergencies to NHS24.
- Many problems can be solved by advice alone, therefore, patients should not always expect a prescription.
- We ask that patients treat the staff and doctors with courtesy and respect. Bear in mind that the reception staff have a very difficult job to do, juggling with limited resources and without detailed medical knowledge.
Please remember the staff are trying to do their best for you, a little patience goes a long way.